The past week has been slowly building up for me. I started off my Onscreen Keyboard project by writing a simple keyboard generator. This little addition to the bottom of Gnome 3 is a hard-coded draft of what the future keyboard would look like. After reviewing the libcaribou libraries I began to get an idea of what I would need in order to build the layers of the keyboard and get properly working keys.
My biggest challenge for the next week will be integrating libcaribou technology with the simple keyboard generator. I've already started looking into it today and I have found that there are some issues coming up with the frameworks that I'll need to play around with a bit more. I'll keep you updated with the latest.